Baby gates are a must have item if you have a baby at home. You can keep your baby in one place for sometimes if you are busy in doing some other activities. Even if your child is inside a room, you need to keep an eye on their activities all the time for their safety. Selecting a good baby gate can get confusing as the market has so many different models. It is sometimes good to buy a good gate as per your home structure so that it will fit exactly right. Make sure to buy the best pet door baby gate to keep your child safe at all times. There are plenty more details about child safety methods at www.childrenssafetynetwork.org. Here are a few tips on buying a baby gate and the benefits it offers:
You have to first consider two main factors before going to buy a baby gate for your child. You have to measure the length of the place where you are going to place the baby gate so that it will fit exactly. Second, you have to check your baby’s height because all the baby gates are designed by the average height based on their age. Suppose if you baby is taller than the normal baby then it will be a problem while your baby is growing. Then you have to go for a taller gate for your baby.
Pressure Mounted Gates
· Pressure mounted baby gates are quite popular and widely available all over the world. This gate is fixed on a wall or any other place with the help of air pressure.
· The main advantage is that you can easily set-up this gate anywhere and you can change the place wherever you want in the home as per your convenient. You can even carry this gate wherever you go with your baby. The other advantage is that there is no need to put holes on the walls to fix it. These gates are normally cheaper than the other type of gates available in the market. There are many different shapes of gates available and hence you can select one as per your wish.
· The main disadvantage of this kind of gate is that if you have not fixed properly, it may fall down when your baby’s weight is completely resting on the gate. Most importantly, these kinds of gates are not suitable for stairs.
Hardware Mounted gates
· These types of gates are designed mainly in keeping the baby’s safety in mind. You have to fix this gate in the wall or door frame using screws. The benefits are more while comparing to the small inconvenience that you have to drill your house to fix the gate.
· This gate is the best option to cover dangerous places such as staircase and kitchen. There are many different shapes of gates available to fit for the angled walls as well. This gate can support your baby’s weight without any slipping issues.
· The main issue of this kind of gate is that you cannot move from one place to another place once it is fixed.